We take a bird’s eye view of your portfolio, helping you identify your core intellectual property assets and highlight gaps, issues and opportunities for the future.
From there, we help you decide whether the protection of your assets makes commercial sense, put in place processes to capture the creation of IP and empower you to maximise the value of your brand.
Discussions with your team, question and answer sessions and initial review of all documentation provided by you.
We will review:
- Details of any registered rights;
- Any and all contracts relating to the creation, protection and/or supply of IP;
- Correspondence relating to the development and creation of IP;
- Design drawings, photographs, statements of work, manuals, guides and board minutes; and
- Marketing literature, website copy and any other content utilised within the business.
Analysis of documentation, identification and review of the intellectual property in the business.
- Review all registered rights and provide advice in relation to any gaps in protection or new protection required;
- Review all unregistered IP and provide advice and recommendations as to how that IP should be protected, managed and potentially exploited in order to deliver the most value to the business; and
- Provide recommendations regarding future identification and management of intellectual property and how this should be integrated within the wider business strategy.
Risk analysis. We will look at potential IP-related threats to the business.
- Review the ownership of the IP and provide recommendations related to any retrospective action required to correct issues in ownership;
- Conduct basic searches for potential third-party IP risks and provide recommendations for further potential searches to be conducted;
- Look to identify possible infringements;
- Identify trade mark non-use or invalidation risks;
- Review any charges listed against IP rights; and
- Conduct a high-level review of potential financial risks in respect of the structure of ownership and the current commercialisation of the rights.
Finalising our report, complete with an overview of all our recommendations, ‘quick wins’ and risks to operation, alongside an estimation of costs for correcting any issues identified within the report or pursuing recommended protection.
Opt for our Mini IP Audit and skip Phase 3!
IP is a challenge for startups, Founders don’t have the luxury of getting this wrong. Complicated pros & cons around registering, maintaining & protecting marks, can soon become an expensive minefield if faced with the wrong advice. Founders need trusted IP Attorneys who understand start-ups, but these are hard to come by. Having previously worked with large, corporate IP Attorneys, who didn’t understand the fragile nature of early business, being introduced to Springbird answered all my IP prayers. Both Lisa & Laura, treat my start-up like it was their own, with an understanding Founders can only dream of. They both helped me navigate sending a cease & desist letter to a brand infringing on our marks, during the process of selling marks to another global company. What could have become complicated & expensive, was handled with care, speed, efficiency & attention to detail. When one Attorney was on holiday, the other was briefed to take over, meeting tight deadlines ahead of dreaded long bank holiday weekends. I’m recommending all Founders go straight to Springbird - there’s no need to have any IP conversations with other Attorneys. Lisa & Laura have quickly become crucial, trusted members of my team. But what’s just as important as their extensive IP knowledge, is that they are all really fun to work with. If Springbird can make Trademarks fun, you know you’ve got the right team supporting you!
As a business in innovative and sustainable packaging, we feel grateful to have found Springbird for its reactivity, international vision and their constant search for the best IP strategy adapted to our needs and business development
Choose Planet A
For a fast moving brand that has a large portfolio such as ours, it was a no-brainer to work with the team under their IP subscription. Their knowledge, speed and professionalism mean that we are reassured that our portfolio is in safe hands. It is also hugely cost efficient for us as a business to work under a subscription with fixed-fees and transparent bolt-ons. We could not recommend working with them enough.
Felix Dodd, Legal Counsel
The IP team have been brilliant throughout the entire process. I have had a fantastic experience with everyone on the team. They are very thorough in their work with great attention to detail and are attentive to the company's needs. As a client, it's important to feel valued, and I appreciate how they make me feel like a priority and are swift in their responses. The process is made very painless, and I appreciate that their services are dynamic, competitive and simplified with their subscription and client portal. I feel comfortable knowing they are managing all our IP work, and I look forward to continuing our business relationship.
founder & CEO
Xin and Voltaire
We recently moved our IP portfolio over to be managed. The transition was seamless and since then we have been very happy with the quality of advice, the tone in which it is given, and the team we deal with. The subscription model has also made budgeting easier. Thanks to Laura West and all of her team for their great efforts, for quickly becoming a trusted partner, and for being a pleasure to work with.
Head of Legal & Company Secretary
Laura West and the team have given us reliable, timely support for all trademark and IP matters. They are a pleasure to work with, and have taken the time to really understand our business and its evolving context. This means the service they provide goes far beyond simply managing legal processes and into highly practical advice.
In the time that we have worked with Springbird IP they have impressed us with their knowledge, experience and dedicated staff. It is clear that they are customer focused, adaptable to change when required and work tirelessly to ensure a successful outcome for their clients.
Their Head of department, Laura West, is an accomplished IP Attorney with a superb track record and I would have no hesitation in recommending their services to anyone
– Graham T. Mogg LLM, MCTSI, Managing Director, WRi Group
Want to speak to one of our clients?
We’ve created plug-and-play packages that allow you to define the protection your brand needs. Discover more how we can help you.
There’s no room for nasty surprises. Our trade mark fee calculator outlines the cost in simple terms.
Hey, I’m Laura, CEO here at Springbird.
Struggling to know what you need or want to talk through who we can help? Simply book in a call with me and we can chat it through.